Step 1: make an application for a wedding Licence
2. Review directions on re-marrying after having a divorce or separation, if relevant.
3. Finish a married relationship licence application.
- For quicker service, apply online.
- You can print the form if you are unable to submit your application online or prefer to use a paper version.
4. Go to a populous City Clerk’s workplace because of the after:
- completed application dated with exclusive signatures (maybe not scanned or photocopied)
- 2 bits of initial and legitimate federal government issued ID for every single individual using through the listing of acceptable ID (see recognition needs)
- divorce or separation paperwork, if relevant
It is possible to use without your lover, if:
- the two of you have finalized and dated the finished application (applications with scanned or photocopied signatures will never be accepted)
- you bring the identification that is required every person on the application (original ID only, we are going to maybe perhaps not accept photocopies or scanned pictures)
- bring initial breakup documents, if relevant
- You must bring your own interpreter if you cannot read or understand English.
- The interpreter must present their particular recognition.
The expense of a wedding licence is $140 (HST will not use).
The wedding licence cost is non-refundable.
Anyone avove the age of 16 years of age will get hitched in Ontario. If you're under 18 years old you will require permission from your own moms and dads or appropriate guardians. a parental permission kind should be finished. types can be purchased in our workplace. Your moms and dads or guardians that are legal additionally be current during the time you distribute your wedding licence application.
Everybody is welcome to use for a married relationship licence and acquire hitched in Ontario, whether your home is here permanently or temporarily. There aren't any gender, residency, citizenship or medical needs whenever trying to get a married relationship licence. What's needed are exactly the same for everybody.
Each individual trying to get the wedding licence must bring 2 items of acceptable federal government issued recognition (ID) through the list below.
- Recognition should be legitimate and initial (we're going to maybe not accept photocopies or images/documents that are scanned
- Recognition must provide your appropriate title and date of birth
- Very first and names that are last match from the two items of ID which are presenting.
- To own your center name(s) included on your own marriage licence it should additionally show up on both bits of ID.
- ID in the list may be from any country, provided that it is government given russian bride order.
- A written translation from a certified translator is required if the ID is not in English.
- Wellness cards and S.I.N. cards will never be accepted.
- Birth Certification
- Driver’s Licence
- Ontario picture Card (Purple photo ID card)
- Certification of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian Citizenship Card)
- Canadian National Refugee Travel Document
- Conditional Launch Identification Card
- United States Of America Green Card
- Native Reputation Card
- Record of Immigration Landing
- Confirmation of Permanent Residency
- Permanent Residency Card
- Citizenship Card
- Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Possession & Acquisition Licence (PAL)
Divorced in Canada
You need to submit formal evidence of the divorce proceedings whenever you make an application for a married relationship licence. This can be the first or perhaps a copy that is court-certified of:
- Final decree
- Certification of divorce or separation
An avowed content of either of the above mentioned breakup documents can be acquired through the court office that given the divorce or separation. A Decree Nisi, Divorce purchase or Judgement isn't acceptable. All papers would be came back.
If you don't understand where your divorce proceedings had been awarded it is possible to contact the Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings or 1-613-957-4519.
Divorced Outside of Canada (Foreign Breakup)
That you are no longer married if you were divorced outside of Canada, you will need to provide certain documents to prove. Any office of this Registrar General for the province of Ontario has to validate these documents and supply authorization to ensure that you to receive a wedding licence.
To learn more, contact the Marriage Office at 1-800-461-2156 (toll-free) or go to provider Ontario. Foreign breakup packages can be picked up also at any one of our workplaces.